The building of Vadász utca 29 was designed by the architect Lajos Kozma in the 30s of the last century as a business center for the Weiss family, dealer of glassware products for building construction. The Hungarian legislation banned the Jewish owner from exercising his profession. The Swiss Embassy’s Emigration Department for Representing Foreign Interest opened in the desolated building July 24, 1944.
In 2005 the Carl Lutz Foundation established a Memorial Room in the former garage of the building.
It is open for the public every day from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For individuals who were saved in the Glass House, or for groups we are available in other times as well, through previous arrangement via telephone or e-mail.